Healthy diet, regular exercise, (Jumping on trampoline, weight training, walking and yoga) foam rolling, daily dry brushing, weekly massages, cupping, relaxation, will help to reduce cellulite forming and the use of firming products will help to reduce the look of cellulite. I know that some of these activities sound time consuming and expensive. Do activities that are fun for you and do not overdo it.
- I have a mini trampoline in my office and jump during meetings for about 5 minutes a day. I bought a tiny one on Amazon and I have had it now for 5 years. (Secretly I wish I had a yard and I had a big one outside … One Day)
- Weight training strengthens the connective tissues of the body. Complete 2 to 3 times a week.
- Add interval training for extra fat-burning or go for a lunch time walk for 30 minutes daily. Interval training or burst training is more effective at reducing subcutaneous and abdominal fat. Currently I am fighting the little extra weight around my belly. Too much holiday eating. I am going to try BarreAmped
- I love to go to Yoga classes but when my day just gets too cramped, I do my yoga lessons from an app. There are many apps out there and I am currently using Asana rebel. Yoga lessons on the app range from 5-25 minutes, so you can choose the amount of time that fits into your schedule.
- Foam rolling increases circulation by breaking down knots that could be obstructing blood flow. Foam rolling can be done several days a week or once a week. My schedule gets packed so I try to do it once a week. I usually spend about 5-10 minutes rolling on my foam. You can buy one on Amazon.
- Dry Brushing stimulates lymph and breaks down fat deposits which increase circulation. Always brush towards your heart. Dry brushing gets done every day before you shower.
- I personally try to get a massage once a month. Not is massage just relaxing but it will increase lymph and blood circulation which helps to fight cellulite.
- I do cupping on myself once a month. I first rub the cellulite with my Firming Massage oil, before I rub the cups on the cellulite prone areas. You can buy a good cupping set on Amazon.
- For relaxation I get acupuncture 1-2 a month. Acupuncture also helps to relieve stagnation.
All of these activities will:
- Improve the lymphatic system which will help to flush out toxins. Even exercising 15 minutes daily will help to get your lymphatic system moving and will increase circulation which eliminates nasty toxins.
- Exercise will build and tighten muscles, burns fat which will prevent weight gain.
Less weight gain equals to less adipose fat tissue, but weight loss is not going to cure cellulite. Cellulite is more than just fat, but it is about skin structure, blood and lymph circulation, hormones and genetics as discussed in previous blogs.